Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dino Brites in the 90s in South Africa - the plot thickens.

dinobrites dinomites dino mites dino brites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dinobrite1985

dinobrite1985

Dino Brite Queen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Dino Brites. Dino Mites.

Posted 02 June 2024 - 12:50 AM

So, I grew up in the 1990s in South Africa, and it appears we did something very strange to Dino Brites that was unique to our corner of the world. 

The Dino Brites were marketed by Arlenco Toys & Games (a South African company that no longer exists) and it seems they were going for this very odd sort of 1920s, jazzy, cabaret, boozy New York sort of vibe.

All the Dino Brites came with boozy sort of nightclub back stories and posters, as you can see in my attachments.

This seems to be a purely South African Dino Brite thing. None of the American / European people I have bought my Brites off seem to have the same packaging or posters that I remember from my childhood. No, our South African Dino Brites were (bizarrely) marketed as New York gangsters. Wtf. So many questions...

Sadly, I did not keep my own original Brites and have now spent far too much money trying to rekindle my childhood collection. 

Enjoy these weird posters and backstories... 

(Posters courtesy of an old friend who had the foresight to keep these old posters for the past 30 years and recently shared them with me) 

("Betty Boo Boo" ftw.) 

Attached File  Betty.jpg   142.76K   10 downloads

Attached Files

Got Dino Brites? We should chat! Always on the lookout to buy more. 

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22199 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:15 AM

Thank you for posting these!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dinobrites, dinomites, dino mites, dino brites

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com